So, we were at a BBQ on Saturday. Mommy was playing Wii with Erica. There was a lot of "you suck" being flung about the room. All of a sudden, Caleb pipes in with a "Mommy, you suck!"
That was quickly corrected. Man, it's tough to come up with another phrase that is equally adequate.
When getting a cupcake at the same BBQ, Caleb told my friend Amanda that "your Dad wants one, too." Her "dad" was her hubby, Daniel. He's not living that one down, either.
Amanda was making a comment to me to "shut my mouth," knowing full well that shut up is a no-no from Caleb. He very primly told her, "That is not a nice thing to say. A better thing to say is hush." Um... yes, yes it is. Sure.
AND, on Saturday night, I was getting ready for bed. Putting on my jammies and all. Caleb tells me that he sees my underwear... I respond with, "I see yours too!" Then he says, "I see your boobs!" Uh, no. We don't use that word. So, without missing a beat I inform him, "Boobs is not a nice way to say that. A better thing to say is chest." He informed me that he knew that was my chests, too. Nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment