Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Happy face

This is my "oh-my-goodness! I've-been-officially-offered-a-job!" face.
Hubby has been working his dream job since December first. He's a pediatric endocrinology (think growth hormones and diabetes) nurse, for one of the top pediatric endocrinologists in the world...in Odessa.
I went on an interview in January, for a curriculum specialist at an elementary school in Midland. Then, the state budget crisis happened and teachers everywhere feared for their jobs. Getting a teaching job, a *NEW* teaching job, seemed impossible after that.
So, I conceded to be content only seeing hubby on the weekends for another school year. (insert sad face here)
School ended and that was that. Then, out of the blue, Ector County (Odessa) called for an interview. So, two weeks ago, I did my second interview (in twelve years). An hour after the interview, the assistant superintendent of curriculum called to let me know she had submitted my name as a recommendation for hire. Um. Wow.
I've been waiting since then for the official call from human resources. Today, I got the call. I'll be the Campus Curriculum Facilitator for Hood Junior High!
Tomorrow, my dad and my Caleb spill travel with me to Odessa. I'll do my drug test and the criminal background check. By Monday I should be cleared and will sign officially with ECISD. That's a good thing because I'm going to a training next week for three days with ECISD. Now, I should be eligible for the stipend. Yippee!
There is more to do than days left...but here's the basic breakdown:
This week: drug test in Odessa, get ready and host garage sale.
Next week: three day workshop, pack rest of our house (we are renting it out), kids last week at daycare.
First week of July: kids and I play all week and pack for vacation.
9th thru the 19th: vacation in Ohio, visiting hubby's mommy.
July 20th: pack moving truck and move to our apartment in Odessa.
July 21st: I start work!
So... Let's do this!

1 comment:

no_iffer said...

Wow! That's so exciting! I'm so happy for you!
But...:( you're moving? That makes me sad!!!
But yay!!! What an exciting change you're about to make! How fun! Congratulations!