Sunday, December 7, 2008

Bullets, oh what fun!

I have been naughty on the posting front as of late. Not going to get coal in MY stocking, though.
  • I just got back from a conference in Arlington over Autism. It answered lots of questions I had. BUT, it was also aggravating. There are little classes - sessions - that you attend. They are all held at the same time so you have to choose which to go to during that time slot. Friday, I went to the big assembly that let out at 10. The next sessions began at 10:30. I bee-lined to my desired session and arrived by 10:03. It was closed. This meant: NO ONE ELSE COULD GET IN. OH! I was mad! Another lady had been there since 9:30. It had been closed LONG before she arrived, she said. THAT is ridiculous! So, Sabrina and I marched our way downstairs and complained to the powers-that-be. To satisfy our anger, the powers-that-be took our names and put us on a "list" for the sessions we desired to attend for the next/last two sessions for the day. One session was for 1:30 (after lunch). and the next was for 3:30. I really wanted to go to the 3:30 one (it was a repeat of the one that was closed at 10:30.). So, I get to the last session at 3:04 (knowing my name is on the "list."). They have body blocked the hallway. No one else was allowed down the hall (save myself, of course - I complained and was let through) because the session had been closed. The sorry part? The session filled up by 1:00. People had been waiting in line for that session for over 2 hours! R I D I C U L... you get the idea.
  • Man! That was a long bullet!
  • Projectile vomit. Um. Yuck. Owen has had that today. It's due to the mucus sliding down his throat, just after he finishes a bottle. Cough, cough, cough, PUKE! Brant insists that it's because he's allergic (suddenly) to his formula. OR, that we're over-feeding the kid. So, to comply with his suggestions, I get a new formula, drop the number of ounces allowed back to 4, give him an antibiotic that we still had refill rights to, and voile! No more puking! Yeah. I'm sure it wasn't because he's mostly "dried" up now. Never mind that his eyes have been glued shut in the morning, and he looking like a volcano of snot. Yum! Need some more great visuals?! ... didn't think so.
  • I love naps!
  • Caleb had an eye-exam at school on Friday. He didn't fare so well. I am of the opinion that he just doesn't know his letters well enough to have passed. He will take a make-up exam in 2 weeks. We've got to work on the sight recognition of the letters H, O, T & V. He scored a 20/70 on his right eye, and 20/40 on his left eye. Thank goodness we have vision insurance. If he fails the next one, we'll take him to OUR doctor to double check it.
  • Owen has his kidney check up in San Antonio on the 22nd. It'll be a drive down there and back type thing. That's on a Monday. So, HOPEFULLY, Brant can go with... I don't want to have to do that on my own. No fun!
  • We did it! We finally booked with Jenny for our family picture shoot. It was awesome. A bit rushed - but that's our fault. Brant had to be at work at 3... and that really means at 2:45. But, I think we got some good ones. Jenny texted me to say there are some really cute photos. I am most looking forward to the booty-shot of Owen. No pressure there, Jenny! :)
  • only 10 more days of school this year! 2 of those are early release days! That means we will have 79 day of you-know-what over! Then... it's just a matter of next semester... 96 days until summer. Not that I pulled up the district calendar and looked, or anything. Not that I'm counting. Not that I miss Bill. Not that I don't love my current students/teachers/principal... but, that means summer. and vacation. and um, no school.
  • I am NOT in the Christmas mood yet. I may get Brant to bring the tree to the house by this Wednesday. But, it almost seems like a waste of time. In just 3 weeks we'll be putting it up. But, Caleb will want it. It will help to have it put up. oh, and I need to change out that darn wreath outside. Um. It's STILL Easter on my door. Like since LAST year! oops.
  • I hear Owen hollering for that smaller bottle, now. I'm off to feed and diaper my baby... and see if I can wake the grump-a-lump of a nearly 4 year old from his nap.

No comments: