Saturday, January 2, 2010
Cleaning out breaks my heart
I'm trying to clean out the boys' rooms today. The goal is to take everything out of both rooms; take away old or broken toys; give away good ones we won't use, as well as baby clothes. Then, we will put back clothes & bedding for both boys in one room, and toys in the other room. The problem is that I haven't been motivated to do this all break. Here we are, two days left, and I *have* to get it done. It's breaking my heart to pack away the baby the baby things we no longer need. All the burp cloths, tiny shoes, itty bitty onezies... Ahhhh! I want to hold onto the baby stuff... But, there is no real need to do that. We're - for all practical thoughts - *done* having babies. I don't want to be... But, I'm already 34... He's 35... We can't afford more (let alone the two blessings we already have)... And, we don't want to push our luck. So, it's with a heavy heart that I get back to work: sorting, remembering, folding, and saying goodbye to that phase of motherhood. "Au revoir" babyhood... It was a fun run/crawl/scoot while I was blessed to experience you - twice...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're so wise. We, too, really can't afford another baby, let alone the ones we have and are old (my dh is WAY older), but we don't care. We are in denial and still plan on having one more.
Post a Comment