Sunday, June 20, 2010

Burned baby...

It was a life lesson... wear shoes, even if you are two and choose to do the opposite of what mama says!  Owen ran outside to get to the truck.  We were headed to the pool.  I shouted after him, "Owen!  You better put on your flip-flops or you are going to get hurt!"  I wish I could have taken that back!  I hate that he HAD to learn that life lesson the hard way!  Within 15-20 seconds, Owen was screaming!  I mean, SCREAMING!  This, coming from the kid who can bonk his head on the table, or fall off of a toy onto the tile floor, rub the owie spot and say nothing more than, "Ouch!"
I ran out there (with MY flip-flops on) and scooped him up.  He was sitting on the sidewalk, holding his left foot up and just SCREAMING.  Huge tears rolling down his baby-soft face.  Already, a blister had formed on the bottom of his baby foot!  It covers over half of the ball of his foot.  It's roughly the size of a half dollar coin.  That's the best I can explain it.  SUCKS!  He cried for over an hour, despite the loves from mama, cool bath soak, Aloe Vera, ice pack, more loves from mama routine.  He cried, inconsolably until he fell asleep.  Poor baby! 
Luckily, Daddy is a nurse.  So, he took a look at it, fixed it up, wrapped it up, meditated it good...it's considered a 2nd degree burn. I can't allow him to wear just sandals or flip flops at school for fear of infection.  I'm not going to let him swim at school, either, for the same reason. It's Sunday evening.  He's finally walking on it, with shoes on ONLY. He's such a trooper.  Sweet baby. I took a picture of it today (on day 3). 
 SO, here's your warning !GRAPHIC PICTURE POSTED BELOW!   (It's not really that bad - just sad).












No comments: