Guilty! I am sitting here eating away at one of my favorite guilty pleasures. Don't tell hubby, yet...he's already mentally kicking my butt. I am eating (from Church's) FRIED OKRA!!! I love it! I was on my way home from school and couldn't stop myself from pulling in to Church's. I ordered the veggie platter. No, not a vegetarian...I love meat too much! I just got fried okra, mashed potatoes, and Cole slaw. Can you hear my sounds of complete joy? You know, the ones nursing babies make as they suckle. :) Yeah...
So, why is this a guilty pleasure? Because I have been doing so good with managing my cravings and eating good food AT HOME. That is, until I went on vacation to Ohio. Gained 10 pounds in two weeks. I tried to pretend that half of that was from "water weight." But, that time of month is gone...and here is the weight, still. Plus more...YIKES! My cute jeans and clothes that fit so nicely last spring...not going to happen.
So, maybe, just maybe there is a really good (wink, wink) reason that the weight is still here and growing. Won't find out until the 12th or so, though...I think I am pretending or my body thinks that I should be...any who, that's another blog, completely...and not yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment