Sunday, December 9, 2007

ESP

So, this morning at church (during the first service) I had the strongest ESP ever! It was something to do with my bestest friend, Cathy. The one in the preggers pictures below. It is a week away from her due date. I just knew that she was in labor, or had already pooped the kid (whose sex we don't know...because they are CRAZY!) out. So, between services, I called her. I figured if she wasn't in either category listed previously, she would be leading the church choir like she does every Sunday...and I would leave a message. Lo and behold...her hubby answers the phone. WELL... I lose it and automatically start balling. Could be the hormones from my own little bean...could just be because I KNEW. Her water broke at 7:15. She took her time and ate breakfast, took a shower and meandered over to the hospital. By the time she got there, she was at a 4 and 80% effaced. She was on pitocin when I last spoke to her (at 10:20) because her contractions were weird and spread out. I got this information in-between sobs. We were both crying. It was a good cry. We both needed to hear each others voice. And, when we lived together, we got ESP all the time. We are definitely cut from the same cloth.

I finally got a call about 4:30 this afternoon. My bestest buddie is the proud mommy of a little boy! Ethan Joseph Breeden. 8 pounds, 8 ounces. 19.5 inches long. She ended up with a c-section. His head kept hitting the back wall of her pelvis. What a great sized baby! I can't wait to drive back to Cypress to see her and Ray and Ethan! But, that will probably have to wait until school is out in 2 weeks. Plus, that'll give her time to get into a "routine" with Ethan, before I go and mess it up.

On another note. I called a mutual friend of ours (Cathy and mine) to tell her the news...and mine, too. I hadn't had an opportunity to tell her about our bean. Plus, she's had a very HARD last year or so. Lost 2 babies...nearly bled to death delivering the last one at home. I didn't want to give her my GOOD news...if she wasn't ready to hear it. But, GOD works in mysterious, and wonderful ways. SHE is in the process of adopting a little boy! Due May 4th! OMG! This is such a blessing for all involved! Our babies will all be 6 months apart or less! What a wonderful time for us!

So, if you don't want to be in the same situation as several of my friends, may I make a suggestion? DON'T DRINK THE WATER! :) Happy, glorious day! Thank you, Lord!

No comments: