This weekend we stumbled upon a bunk bed deal at a garage sale. We weren't even garage sale-ing... Brant & I left our house in two vehicles, both headed to my dad's for breakfast, both going different directions. He called me saying I had to see this amazing deal at a garage sale. Soooo, I turned the car around and obeyed... I was amazed! These folks had a REAL WOOD bunk bed set, already disassembled on a trailer, in near-mint condition for $350 (mattresses, hardware, & delivery included)!!!!! She says her son is an only child and took good care of it. In fact, he had only been using the dresser part of the set for the last several years. The mattresses & beds had been in storage. As it turns out the son was a former student of mine! WOW! Anywho. So, we haggle about the price for about 2 seconds (fully prepared to pay asking price). We ended up paying only $285! We get the set, the guy drives it to our house & he, Brant, and my former student unload all the pieces onto our front porch.
We quickly cleaned out the boys' room (see dumped drawers onto the convertible crib) and reassembled our find in the boys' room. I washed that coincidentally awesome sheet set for Owen & voila! (please excuse the quality of this photo - taken with my mobile...because the good camera was in the car & I didn't want to go "all.the.way" outside to get it. hehehe!)

Cute, no? & a great deal to boot! Now, I just need to get their letters & other stuff back up on the walls. (oh yeah...and organize the clothes that I just dumped out onto Owen's convertible crib...that too.)
Yes, they have both been sleeping in their respective beds. Owen can climb up the ladder, but not down by himself... the rungs are too far apart for his short legs.
1 comment:
What a steal! Too cute.
Post a Comment