Monday, September 26, 2011

Heartbroken

My sister wrote this beautiful poem.

She and her husband have been trying to have a baby (with assistance from the doctor's office). They were pregnant (twice now), but has since lost both babies. This second time, she even got to see a heartbeat ... and then, a week later... the baby was called home to Jesus. She goes in tomorrow for a d & c. By the way - her husband has been in Afghanistan this entire time... She's in Las Vegas... ALONE, dealing with this.  Please have your tissues ready while you read...

Not Yet Time (third/first person because that is how it feels)
by Rachel Karr (9-26-2011)

 Little Hope, Little Dream,
First Little One in my heart.
A little sorrow, a little pain,
Baby is a work of art.*
**
"Too soon," said the Painter.
"Too soon," said the Muse.
There's a time for receiving,
And a time to lose.*
**
"Come back to the fold!
Open the pearly gates!"
She's broken, She's torn;
She cries and she waits.*
**
An Angel in heaven
Thanks her daughter below,
The joy of Baby
Is for Grandma to know.*
**
"We'll hold this one for now;
We'll laugh and we'll play!
When baby is perfect
We'll send him your way."
**
Keep growing, keep laughing
My Dreams and my Hope.
I am waiting, I am grieving;
I'm learning to cope.*
**
"It's time!" will say Grandma
"It's time!" will say God.
Someday I'll meet Baby,
I'll be blessed, I'll be awed.*
**
"So dream little sleeper,"
She prays, she sings...
My Baby is in heaven
Growing his wings.*

No comments: