Thursday, September 1, 2011

Missing

Missing in my life right now (amid all the stuff that comes with moving away from the hometown you've been raised in, married in, buried your mother in, had babies in, worked in, made life-long friends in, and... I digress) is my photography.

I haven't found (read:made) time to find places 'round my new hometown to take the type of pictures I like to take. Not even my children have had their pictures made in some off-the-beaten-path, or on the VERY-beaten-path location. Camera phone snapshots around the apartment complex is all I've been able to do.

My sweet, amazing camera has been resting in my bedside table...It cries to me, lonely & depressed. She begs to come out and play...but, I have many excuses why she has to stay where she is...
1: it's too hot.
2: I am too mentally exhausted by my new job each day to try to find locations.
3: homework for Caleb has a daily struggle - what with no naps and all. He's a total bear from 5 to 8 pm.
4: We're all tired. That's just it.
5: Did I mention my job stresses me out?! That my latest passion has been trying to stay positive, not cry daily, and keep the faith that IT. WILL. GET. BETTER.? Yah. I'm of the mantra: Smile 'til it's real. (see also: Fake it 'til you feel it.) Ridiculous.

Okay - this was supposed to be a post about missing the photography side of my life - not about the pains of my career at this time.

So, I'm ending now, before the crying starts.

"Just keep smiling, just keep smiling..."
adapted from Dory-Finding Nemo. duh.

No comments: