I've had a tough few days...
I found out Friday morning that my uncle (my mom's brother-in-law) had gone home to be with Jesus. He had been battling cancer, and his body was worn out. Unfortunately, this occurred on my mom's birthday (Wednesday). This was also the same day that our sweet science coordinator lost her battle with cancer. The funerals for both of these beautiful people were at the same time on Saturday as my sister-in-law-to-be's graduation ceremony. In the end, I was thankful to spend the time with my family. But, it brought up all of the raw emotions from losing my mom six and a half years ago. Then, on Sunday, I was dealing with another stressor. Something beyond my control...
After a meltdown on Sunday that ended up being a great workout, followed by a true friend giving me time, a shoulder to cry on, and love like I needed...i was incredibly sore on Monday. My hips hurt. My legs were so very stiff. It's amazing what a difference walking on the street is compared to walking in the gym.
So, today I'm back at it. Caleb and I walked/ran to the Stripes and back. Then, I did two sets of twenty bicycle abs. Doing my thing. Only 102 days remain.
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Back at it
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment