Tuesday, August 28, 2007

London

So, yesterday was the first day of school. It was AWESOME! Sixth graders are totally different from seventh graders. I don't really know how to explain it...smaller, sweeter, eyes wide with lost wonder... :) Cute.

It was a great day. Until. . .

I had duty after school...which means I stand around and kick kids out of school. A fellow teacher said, "Oh! You are wearing purple panties?" Now, we haven't had sexual harassment training this year, but ... doesn't that fall under that category? Nope, my brand new, most expensive piece of clothing, the cute brown skirt from Ann Taylor had torn at one of the seams...and my big girl panties were in view for all to see. GREAT! Luckily my shirt was long enough to pull down to cover my bare necessities.

So, if that's the worst thing about my first day, then I am blessed. Truly blessed.

Go ahead, sing the song...I see London, I see Franties...I can see ... you know the rest.

Dear God,
Bless our schools, colleges, and universities,
that they may be lively centers for sound learning,
new discovery, and the pursuit of wisdom;
and grant that those who teach and those who learn
may find you to be the source of all truth.
Amen

No comments: