I must admit...I do it too. Why do people ask if we're ready for school to start?
What are we SUPPOSED to say?
No. I never want to go back. I think kids are horrid!
OR - are we supposed to say, "Yes. I am lost without the confines of four walls without a window; the aroma of dry erase markers, and stinky pre-pubescent bodies; the ever present gum issue; the paper trail left by middle-schoolers because they tear off the edges of their spiral paper and leave a trail they hoped would get them back to their house (like Hansel and Gretel)."
My usual comment is the same as most teachers, I think.
Yes and no. No, summer is too short and I really enjoy sleeping in every morning (sleeping in, of course with my two year old, means until 6:30 IF I am lucky). and Yes, I miss my ADULT friends at school. I see them some during the summer.
But, they - and me, too - are trying to pack in as much time and varied actvities with family and friends and other loved ones as possible. We also are trying NOT to think about school...but always thinking about it, too. Did I remember to do this? Do I need to buy more that? How much is in MY budget for the school supplies I will provide for the kids that either don't have the income to bring them, or don't give a rat's if they have them or about the condition (and therefor will not care about how they treat MY supplies).
So, Am I ready to go back to school? Simply, yes. I am ready to get back to school. What other job do you know that enables you to rearrange your "office" every year?
Just some things to think about. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment