Saturday, January 3, 2009

This is where I've been

Thanks, in advance for your prayers...




We're at Community. I took Owen to see Dr. P on Friday morning. His symptoms were:
severe diarrhea, horrendous diaper rash, coughing, runny nose, vomiting due to the coughing and mucus, and a rash that spread over his face, cheeks, chin, elbows, knees, and was getting worse.

Dr. P admitted us immediately. His feet were blue and his blood to oxygen level was only 79%. It should be upwards of 90%. Owen was getting tests for: RSV, pneumonia, and roto-virus. Thankfully, those were all negative. He had an allergic reaction to the antibiotic we started Monday to prevent any UTIs. He has a horrible double ear infection, and the diaper rash was due to the antibiotic, which made him have a yeast infection. It is so sad. He had also lost 2 pounds and was dehydrated. The official (for now) ruling is bronchiolitis.

We're doing good, now. He's perked up and is actually playing by himself and HUNGRY. He's back up to 15 pounds, 15 ounces, and is nearly done with the diarrhea. His little booty still looks horrible, but it's much better... considering. The only issue we're having is that the formula that Dr. P wants him to be on (Similac, Isomil DF - light pink liquid pre-mixed) can NOT be found in this town. I know. I personally looked this evening. So, we are just going to have to wait to see what else Dr. P suggests. Hopefully we'll be getting out Monday morning... maybe sooner. I've already called a sub and certain peeps to take of school stuff for Monday. So, that is where my baby spent his 7 month birthday.

5 comments:

Meems said...

I'm believing and praying that he will get well quickly. I'm so sorry you guy's have to go through this.

crys said...

definitely praying. we're actually in the same boat. i'll post more on mine later.

Sarah P. Henry said...

praying here too. gray starting wheezing yesterday morning and it's getting worse. this morning he coughed so much he made himself throw up. what is with our babies??

jesus, please heal owen. and comfort sara and her family. amen.

Jenni said...

Oh my goodness, Sara I am so sorry.

Lots of prayers going up for all these sick sweet babies.

Leslie said...

Oh Sara what a bummer way to spend the last few days of your break! So, so sorry!! Thoughts and prayers are definitely with you!