Friday, March 6, 2009

Ever so slightly perturbed

I have this friend. If she introduces me to anyone, it's always, "This is Sara. She's my bestest friend in the whole world."

So, I would consider us very good friends. You think?

Well... she is getting RE-re-re-married to her guy... they've split up several times (see divorced and re-married 3 times to the same guy) and now he's sober and a real human, and ... anywho. He proposed (*AGAIN*) last weekend (in the 76904 section of the garage sale ads), and she said yes.

This morning, I was talking to her about how we needed to catch up on the goings on in her household and mentioned that I would have more time to talk after work. She said she wouldn't be available because she is going to get their marriage license today... so they can get RE-re-re-married next Thursday... and honeymoon next weekend.

Um... WHAT?!

So, I am good enough to be called your bestest friend, but not good enough to be told, without coercing, that you are already getting RE-re-re-married? Let alone, be invited or asked to play an important role?

I know, I know... it's a personal problem, here. But, still. I think I deserve to feel sad and ever so slightly perturbed (yet, happy that things are going well).

right?

No comments: