Mom of the Year, really? I, too, am honored, Lisa. I didn't even think you knew that I really lurked around your blog. Thanks so much!! I must admit that I had to re-read your blog and actually click on my name, before I even thought that the "Sara" was me. hehehe!The rules:1. Admit that ONE thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are NO LONGER allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. remember, you're a good mom!
Monday before last, Caleb had a VERY bad day at school. I'm talking about that day that the teacher in me says, "MY kid would NEVER act this way." He had 10 time-outs or bad behavior sessions AT SCHOOL! The last time he had a bad day, I asked the teacher to write down exactly what happened so I would know the antecedent... what lead up to it ... so we might figure out how we could try to prevent future occurrences. I should just say that meant THREE pages of written notes for that day. ANYWHO... our usual punishment is: for every timeout at school, you get one swat/lick/spank at home. NO WAY could I give him 10 swats. So, we cut that number in half... and made him pick who would give him said punishment. It was either Daddy with bare hands, or Momma with the wooden spoon. He picked me. I made him count out the swats, while holding onto a chair. It was horrible. Also, we took away his favorite toy (the ONLY birthday present he got from us) - Bumble Bee Transformer (for the week), and TV privileges (which, at our house means no Disney Channel while Momma is getting ready in the morning, and no Noggin' at PaPa's house at night) for the week. I just kept praying he would learn his lessons and we would NEVER have to do that again.
2. To remind yourself that you ARE a good mom, list SEVEN things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself of EVERY DAY that you rock!
- I LOVE reading with Caleb. He's so stinkin' smart, at 4!
- I LOVE singing with Caleb. You should hear his made up songs! They are hilarious!
- I LOVE watching Caleb pretend/creative play. He's so creative and inventive!
- I LOVE watching my boys play together. Who knew that they would have so much love for each other?!
- I LOVE watching Owen explore. Everything is new and exciting!
- I LOVE getting sweet, wet, four-teeth-popping, kisses from Owen. YUM!
- I LOVE when Owen is tired and tries to snuggle with me. He only has eyes for me, that boy. :)
3. Send this to FIVE other moms of the year that deserve forgiveness and a reminder that they, too, are the best moms they can be!!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you've selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you!
Here are FIVE deserving mommies, in no particular order:
1 comment:
Surprise! I think you commented a while back, so I check in on you and yor boys every now and then. I really need to add you to my sidebar.
Post a Comment