his blog is protected by the Fair Use & Commercial Use Copyright Protection Act.You may not copy or edit this code. Any unauthorized use of this blog's design, code, or content will be strictly enforced.
Ummm... what exactly does that mean? I'm a little scared... but it's not like I'm using any of her awesome widgets or photos or whatever. I'm just going to *try* to make a randomly changing header. Is that illegal? and what is said enforcement? hmmmm... (said as she is looking around for the laser lights that might come through the window any moment now.)
**** Update ****
Okay, so before I even posted THIS post, I looked up the Fair Use & Commercial Copyright Protection Act on ask.com. This is what I found:
Although the doctrine of fair use was originally created by the judiciary, it is now set forth in the Copyright Act. Under the Act, four factors are to be considered in order to determine whether a specific action is to be considered a "fair use." These factors are as follows:
- the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
- the nature of the copyrighted work;
- the amount and substantially of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and
- the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.
So, I think... I'm good. Plus, I couldn't find any "enforcements." So, yah. I'm living dangerously. Please visit me ... if I go to the slammer. K?
No comments:
Post a Comment