Monday, December 28, 2009

Officially Addicted & Stuffs




So, yeah!  I love my new camera!  I am SOOO officially addicted.  I actually looked for stuff I thought was "artsy" to capture on (digital) film.  I am inspired to take a class (with Adderal fully on board) to learn more about F-stop, Aperture, ISO, etc.  Maybe some of those are the same?  I don't know.  I do know that I have only about 60 zillion pictures already of my boys' amazing eyelashes.  It's insane how long and luscious they are.  I like it.  Addicted.  Yup, that's me. I promise not to post a zillion pictures like that again.  I was a little over zealous, I know.

But, anywho.

So, I took Owen to the walk-in clinic on Saturday morning.  He had thrown up the night before, after coughing with some nasty congestion.  Plus, he had a 101.1 fever, diarrhea, nose clogged after nap time (visibly plugged), had his left eye glued shut too, and just wasn't feeling super great.  Since it was a Saturday, I had to go ahead and get in to see someone.  I was pretty certain he had an ear infection.  We got there at 10 'til 8... hoping to be one of the first ones in the door.  Unfortunately, when we drove up we saw that 5 others had the same idea.  We were number 6, waiting for the doors to open at 8.  After an hour waiting to be seen, we were in and out of the actual room in less than 10 minutes.  Saw the doc for less than 3.  Insane.  He says Owen's congestion and fever are due to a virus.  So, here's some antibiotics and some eye drops to clear up that gooky eye.  (yes, gooky is a word - look it up).  Meanwhile, it's Sunday night... the eye gookiness has cleared up... but, the coughing, congestion, nose ickyness and puking are still there.  AND, his fever was 101.7 tonight.  I've been staying on top of the Tylenol every 4 hours... and he still gets a fever.  He feels icky one moment and then fantastic enough to revert to mean/bully-kid towards his bubba.  He then reaches a low point (and high fever point) and only wants "Mama, Mama, Mama." Crawls into my lap and ... 1 ... 2 ... 3... out.  Poor baby!




Caleb got to visit with a friend this weekend.  Her name is Abreail.  They USED to live here, but now live in Colorado.  Anywho, they are about 5 weeks apart - Caleb is older.  She has these melt-you deep, dark brown eyes.  I tried talking these silly four-year-olds into trading their apples with each other without using their hands.  HILARIOUS!  They had such a great time together.  Just goofy kids.  Ahhh.  Oh yeah!  Caleb has a wound care appointment tomorrow morning.  I am so excited to get this over with.  He actually has a nail!  WOOOOOOT!  It's not big yet, but the healing process is just amazing!  And, while he was such a trooper when the actual "incident" happened, he has reverted to being a big baby.  Very sensitive, teary, emotions easily hurt... forgets the rules, etc.  I don't know why he acts this way.  But, he DOES act a bit like a certain someone - or okay, FINE!  I'll tell you.  He acts just like my sister used to act.  "Ow!  He's looking at me!" or "Mom!  Owen hit me with a teddy bear!" To which I tend to respond, "Well, he IS SOOOO strong... and that bear WAS made of bricks.  Oh, wait.  Nope, just made out of the same stuff as this *whack* pillow."  I don't know how to toughen up a boy.  Just hope he gets tougher before he starts school next year.  WAAAAAA!  Don't get me started on that topic.  I have NO IDEA where we will put him.  There are several choices.  I just don't know what is the right one for our kiddo.

Well, I need to get to bed.  It's already well after midnight, and I'm still uploading photos to this computer, and I told my darling hubby that I would just be a minute or two (at 10).  OOPS!  Nighty Night!

No comments: