Saturday, April 28, 2012

Dinner and a Walk in the park

Tonight I grilled salmon. Dill, lemon, fresh minced garlic, sliced onions, sea salt, fresh coarse ground pepper, and a bit of olive oil topped my foil wrapped fish. When finished, it literally flaked off the skin. It was "melt-in-your-mouth" delicious.

Also, I steamed fresh green beans, mixed them with a few chopped up slices of microwave bacon and added a tiny pat of butter. Plus, I prepared red beans and rice for our starch. For the first time, I made homemade salad dressing. It consisted of canola oil, vinegar, lemon, dry mustard, salt, pepper, sugar, and worcestershire sauce. It was amazing paired with the spinach salad I served.

After our delicious dinner we went to the park. The boys played, while Paw Paw supervised. My sister-in-law-to-be and I walked the perimeter of the park five times (about 1.5 miles). It was such a beautiful night for it.

I'm so thankful for the time I get to spend in San Angelo. It's so rejuvenating for my spirit. It makes it much easier to get through life during the times I am away from home.

No comments: