Thursday, April 19, 2012

Why I became a teacher...

There are so many reasons we become teachers: make a difference; be that one female teacher in a male dominated role (science, math, etc,); love of kids; and so on and so forth.

However, I was validated today by a former student, Sarah J. She wrote an amazing essay for a Glenn PTA Scholarship. Enjoy reading the following essay. I know I did. :)

And, THAT is why *I* became a teacher! :)
EDIT: I will work on retyping this so that you can actually read it. I didn't know we could not see the picture in it's original size. Know this: one of my favorite sentences reads like this, "Years later, at the age of eighteen (and just a few inches taller), I put into action what I learned all those years ago in that 7th grade science class: I never hesitate to volunteer an answer or question, and I share my ideas with the group, because I know that at least one individual - a  lady with wavy red hair and rectangular glasses - thinks they are worth being heard."

No comments: