Monday, July 28, 2008

Prayer Request

I have a friend. She is an artist (the one that made my cowboy diaper bag), and a poet. She's a beautiful mother of three. She is happily married to a caring, sensitive man. She's a Christian and a Jesus freak. I've been her friend and she's been mine since fourth grade. She was in my wedding.

I just read an email from her. See, we have myspaces. That's how we keep up. I noticed she wasn't on there ... or hadn't been for a while. She added me to a new page. So, I told her I missed her and asked if everything was okay.

Long story short. She tried to commit suicide on July 11th. She suffers from depression. This wasn't the first attempt. She had tried to get help. She immediately tried to reverse her attempt...unsuccessfully. Thank God her husband was home. She's just now back home from the ICU and a psych hospital. I had no idea.

Please. Please pray for my friend, (we call her Chan). She needs love more now than ever before.

2 comments:

mari said...

Definitely will be praying for her and her family...

Sarah P. Henry said...

praying, for sure.