Monday, September 1, 2008

Monumental Moments

This weekend of rest was much needed and greatly appreciated. While I didn't get ANY thing done, I had a great time with our boys.

So, what was so monumental this weekend?
  1. I made (for the first time ever) eggs over medium for Caleb. Who, we recently discovered, LOVES eggs made that way.
  2. Caleb had a record number of, shall we say, three-year-old moments. These were each followed by discussions and timeouts, and an occasional spanking, followed again by more discussions. Fun. NOT.
  3. Caleb has been asking to wear underwear to sleep in, at night. After a week of dry pull ups, I agreed... but ONLY if he slept IN his bed. He's been sleeping on his floor on a quilt for ... a while (his choice). He finally agreed, and slept through the night. In his bed. In his underwear. DRY! YEAH!!! side note: this was, unfortunately, followed by a very wet nap on Saturday and Sunday. He has since chosen to go back to the floor and pull ups. Oh well... no pressure. He'll do it when he's good and ready. RIGHT?!
  4. Owen has slept through the night for over a week! I nurse him between 9 and 10:30 and out he goes. On Saturday this sleeping through the night lasted until 8 o'clock! OMG! YESSS!
  5. Owen was having a cow a bit earlier this evening. He finally calmed down and kicked and cooed on my bed... "talking" to the ceiling fan and light fixture. I just checked on him... he's out. YESSS!
  6. Owen actually laughed. A real, I think this is a funny thing, laugh on Friday night. He has repeated this performance for various people and for a myriad of reasons. Needless to say, I cried. He's growing up too fast.
  7. Owen now weighs in at 12 pounds, 11 ounces. What a porker!
  8. Owen rolled over several times from tummy to back this weekend. It's awesome. Too bad he has to get mad at tummy time to do it. Hee-hee.

That about wraps up this episode of Monumental Moments. We now take you back to your regularly scheduled program. (That would be called sleep.) Have a great four day work-week!

No comments: