Tuesday, August 12, 2008

45 minutes

In 45 minutes my alarm will go off.

In 45 minutes I will have to get out of bed.

In 45 minutes my summer will officially be over.

In three hours and 45 minutes school starts with staff development.

So, why am I up at 4:45...and on the computer? Owen fell asleep at 10. The last time he ate was around 7:30. At 4:20 I WOKE him up to eat. He ate for five minutes and fell back asleep. I HAD to pump. (Read: ROCKS IN THE BOOBS) So, here we are. 8 ounces of relief later.

I'm restless, a bit nervous, and not looking forward to actually starting today, the end of this summer, this semester, or this school year. But, I will put on my happy hat and head out with a positive attitude. Anything less would be unacceptable and also... SO not me.

So now the dilemma is this: Do I go back to bed for the hardest 30 or so minutes of sleep? OR, do I stay up and start my day. You know, making a complete breakfast and doing dishes and laundry that didn't get done last night while we were watching the Olympics. Hmmmm.... what would you do?

I vote... sleep. Or at least attempt to do so. That other stuff will still be there when I wake up. Besides...Brant is off today. He can help out.

1 comment:

La said...

Obviously it doesn't matter now, since you're already at school, but I would stay up. It would take me most of the 45 minutes to get to sleep and then I would have to haul my booty out of bed again. Too torturous. I wonder what you did......