School starts on Monday. Yuck. Yuck. Double YUCK.
Leaving my three and a half year-old is one thing, but my almost 3 month old...
I'm having a much harder time leaving Owen than I did Caleb. It's the same lady/friend... but Caleb was 6 months old; Owen, as I said, just not quite 3 months. I feel like I am abandoning him, and like I will miss EVERYTHING.
Plus, I don't feel "into" it this year... yet. I pray that "IT" comes to me, soon. I don't think that it helped much that I could NOT get to work in my room until pretty much TODAY. Yes, today... mark it: Saturday. I was there at 8:50, both boys in tow. Stayed until 5:15-ish. Dad picked up Caleb at 1; Brant picked up Owen at 4. But, now my room is ready, cute, and colorful. I was dumping a box (that just had to be organized) all over my desk, when the principal called over the intercom saying that it was time to leave. So I had to leave the mess, unorganized, all over my desk. I may go back tomorrow to fix that mess... I don't think I want that hanging over my head, first thing on Monday morning.
So, why did I wait until Saturday to do my room? you may ask. Well... it's this crazy thing called being a teacher technologist. Everyone expects you to fix their technology, train them on technology, set up new technology, show them how to use new technology or the NEW copiers (which I have NOT been trained on... I just push buttons until I figure it out), and do it all RIGHT NOW. Between that and my social self, I could not get to my room until late yesterday afternoon... then I had to stop at 2:45 to get my hair done. It's cute, by the way. I'll try to take a picture tomorrow and post it.
Anywho. I must go feed and snuggle with my little man... and sing a song to Caleb, who is STILL awake, playing with his "guys."
**** edited to say that Caleb playing with his "guys" is not a nasty thing, as I just re-read it to read. It's his action figures. He just calls them all his guys. oops. ****
G'night... and sorry about the complain-fest.
1 comment:
Oh, boy sara! What an hour! I hope that it gets better or that you get some serious and consistent help in there. All I know is that if anyone can handle this kiddo with humor, love and a smile, it's you!
Post a Comment