A sweet moment I want to remember from this morning is nursing Owen while laying in bed on my side. He looks directly at me and gives me a tiny half-smile while "going to town" as he's prone to do. He eats like a champ gives small sounds of pleasure that tell me, "this is good, Momma. Thank you!" I love to nurse him in this position.
And not-so-sweet is directly AFTER nursing him. I am still in my night-nursing bra (think: the most comfortable sports bra with nursing slits, ever! No sarcasm needed...it's truly comfy.). I turn Owen over, onto my chest to burp him. He smiles (I think at his Daddy, who is getting ready for work), and then.... UUUUUUUUUURP! He, Owen - not Daddy, lets out a gigantic burp, quickly followed by what I think is at least half of what he consumed. It runs down my night bra, across my chest, down the cleavage, and begins pooling in the pit below my neck before I can move to grab ANYTHING to clean up the mess. NICE. Um, shower, anyone?
At least I wasn't fully dressed for school... this time. :)
3 comments:
Lovely! All my nursing tanks are stained by my little spewer... that part I definitely don't miss.
that's the worst! i got it down the cleavage and pooled into my bra once and i wasn't at home to change. so so gross feeling!
oh, i am so feeling that. gray makes great noises that make me feel like i'm giving him something wonderful. but the burping and spitting of large portions of what i'm giving him is a must as well. and half the time i don't have a rag -- you'd think i'd figure it out since he does it ALL the time. your brain just thinks nothing else but "give him the boob" when he's crying though. the rag is always an after thought...
Post a Comment