Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Nerves

I hate being nervous. Today is the big GMS science competition. I hope all of our ducks are in a row...but I don't know for sure. Not being medicated does have it's draw backs. I fear that I have forgotten something major...and without my trusty sidekick - errr fearless leader, Beth, today, I am afraid it will fall apart. Thank goodness for Laray. She keeps me in line, too.

Needless to say, sleep did NOT come easily last night. What with the nerves about today, the painfull too-too, and the fact that I also get to go to the doctor (YIKES! another weigh in day!) today for the 22.5 week check up.

J sent me a wonderful email reminder yesterday. Only 14 weeks of school. Yes, but only 17 weeks until Owen arrives...or so. Oh-My-Goodness!!!!!! I can't wait to meet him, but then - when am I EVER going to sleep again? Next year will be good for sleeping, I think.

Brant will be with me today. Judging. He took the day off from work. As in requested it off to assist me. He loves it. Last year, he was only a week out from having brain surgery when he judged all day. He is amazing. I am truely blessed. Did I mention that he DID cut his hair uber short again, for me? Like military short? It's my favorite - a chia-pet I can pet anytime I please (as long as he is home, not working, studying, doing school, or shooting). :) I am lucky.

But, still nervous. I want to be at school as soon as possible...like 6:30. To be sure I am ready for today...just in case Beth doesn't make it in. That's another story. I've gotta get permission to share that one. So, please say a tiny prayer, if you please. Thanks!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Well, you certainly didn't LOOK nervous today! You are uber-organized, even when you're not medicated. :) It was wonderful, and the kids and you all did a great job!