Today started out with tears...and ended that way, too.
I was emotional from the science competition stress being done. I read an email from the coworker that ticked me off. I had some -um - sweage, in the tub this morning that I couldn't stomach. So, I sobbed with my baby in the shower. He said, "Momma, are you sad at me? I want you to be happy!" Which I sobbed some more. I got to school, where I was waiting on a parent conference...that didn't happen. Good thing, 'cause my dad sent me flowers. He doesn't do Valentines day...rather he did not used to do Valentines day. So, I cried some more. During my team conference, I cried again...because she told us that she and another team member would be gone next Friday. I didn't cry because she would be gone. I cried because they would be gone during our team's passing reward skating party. That was too much to handle. Who would help us corral the 120ish kids that were going on this trip? Just 4 of us? Are you kidding me? How rude!!! Plus, she has not really been present at our other team events. But, I am not doing a good job at keeping my team in the "know." Whatever. I am sooooooooo over her.
Good things: My wonderful principal had a solution to the issue of them being gone. The subs for them would be placed into two other teachers' rooms. So, I got to pick 2 other people to go with us. I chose J and my neighbor teacher - Celia. I am so blessed to get this. Of course, J said yes. Celia, too. I am so excited!
End of the day. S-U-C-K-E-D! I called Brant, to see how his day was. He told me that his sister called. Never a good sign. She called to say that their grandpa had passed away.
That totally shocked me. Ralph (grandpa) and Rita (grandma) just celebrated their 75th anniversary this summer. He was either 93 or 94.
Crap! I am crying again! I am talking to Brant about this summer and not wanting to not be able to take care of Caleb when Owen arrives. What a cry-baby! What a day.
1 comment:
I could insert any amount of "You can do this." or "God will help you through this." here - but that is not why we write blogs. We write them to let it all out. And I am glad you did. Your day ranks atop most "suckiest day ever" lists.
I am sorry my friend - tommorrow is a new day. Hope its better.
Post a Comment