So, yesterday was very busy. I think I was channelling Jenny.
I spent the majority of the day with "other" Jenni, and Tater. We ran errands together and ended up at American - British Antiques. AKA, huge junk place with lots of old stuff, some worth looking at, picking up, and GASP - taking home.
I did good. I really think I did good. I got stuff for Owen's room. Kids' spurs, a wagon wheel table, a shelf to be redone today, a little chair with cowboy stuff on it that reads "Boss," 3 large cast iron stars, 3 medium cast iron stars, and 2 small cast iron cowboy boots. All in all, I think I did good. I'm going to sand and distress the shelf, rustoleum the stars (in red, white, and blue), and decorate my little cowboy's room. I also picked up some letters from Hobby Lobby to decorate Owen's room. Those are already painted (yesterday) and are waiting on a lacquer coat at Jenni's house.
Other than needing to still actually MOVE the computer and desk from his room, it's starting to look a bit like we could bring in a tiny baby...and he'd have a place to lay his head. It's fun. Tomorrow, or Thursday, a friend from school should be calling. She's going to help (as in do completely) make curtains for Owen's room. I'm thinking denim or corduroy...with red bandanna accents. Another friend (from elementary) is making a diaper bag for me with these fabrics.

Here's her site...and what the end product looks like, I can't wait to get it in! :)
So, yes, my friends...creativity flows. Enjoy!
I did good. I really think I did good. I got stuff for Owen's room. Kids' spurs, a wagon wheel table, a shelf to be redone today, a little chair with cowboy stuff on it that reads "Boss," 3 large cast iron stars, 3 medium cast iron stars, and 2 small cast iron cowboy boots. All in all, I think I did good. I'm going to sand and distress the shelf, rustoleum the stars (in red, white, and blue), and decorate my little cowboy's room. I also picked up some letters from Hobby Lobby to decorate Owen's room. Those are already painted (yesterday) and are waiting on a lacquer coat at Jenni's house.
Other than needing to still actually MOVE the computer and desk from his room, it's starting to look a bit like we could bring in a tiny baby...and he'd have a place to lay his head. It's fun. Tomorrow, or Thursday, a friend from school should be calling. She's going to help (as in do completely) make curtains for Owen's room. I'm thinking denim or corduroy...with red bandanna accents. Another friend (from elementary) is making a diaper bag for me with these fabrics.

Here's her site...and what the end product looks like, I can't wait to get it in! :)
So, yes, my friends...creativity flows. Enjoy!
1 comment:
I am so proud of us. We are the ultimate trading spacers. :) I can't wait to see Owen's room all put together!
Post a Comment