The computer has a new home. It's in the "Texas" room. Owen's room (nursery) is looking like it should. Complete with diaper holder, changing table, crib, rocking chair, dresser, etc. Just need a few more touches...like putting up the decor and making the curtains. Look for a blog about that with photos later this week. Super excited about that one.
I got a call this morning from daycare. It went something like this:
"Sara, this is @&(*. Caleb is not hurt, ill, or anything like that."
me - "um. okay..."
"He's thrown TWO fits where I can hear him in the kitchen SCREAMING. I've spoken to him and put him in time out...but...could you come and talk to him?"
So, I respond with, "My wooden spoon and I will be right there to talk to Caleb. Thanks!"
GRRRR! I get there and he's in time out...with the director. I walk up and ask him to follow me outside...spoon in hand. He complies and listens and repeats and is responsive to the talk. I walk him back to his classroom, and he is supposed to apologize to the teacher. Instead he starts the wailing and screaming. I grab his hand and walk him outside and talk to him again, and spank his hiney. That seems to do it. I walk him back in...give hugs and kisses and say goodbye. I walk out to the car, call my dad to get reassurance that I did the right thing, and I can HEAR Caleb SCREAMING from inside. Dad says, "hang up, yank him outside, spank him, THEN talk to him. Don't give him a chance to think."
So I did. It was scary to me. It seemed to do the trick. I stuck around, watching Caleb on the monitor for about 20 minutes. No more fits. He did look tired enough to fall asleep in his food, though. I bet he crashes any minute. I told the director to call me if there were any more problems, and I'd be right there, spoon in hand. The sad thing is Caleb asked me if he could go home with me. I NEEDED the time to get the last things done on Owen's room. So, I said no. Plus, I don't want him to think that if he will just throw a fit, he can come home with Momma.
Now, I expected this in May or June, when Owen gets here. But, not now. It's not like he's getting less attention, yet. I am thankful that this happened during spring break...so I could spend an hour at daycare to take care of this.
Stuff - I am tired now. I could just pass out and sleep the rest of the day. But, I have to eat lunch, and do the list thing that is in my head. Laundry, clean the bathroom, vacuum, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment