Is is still a play date if I leave my little boy at day care?
I am so excited for the female fellowship on Wednesday...but that is in the smack middle of nap time...and I'd rather not fight that battle. So, would that be acceptable if I attend a play date, sans play-time-buddy?
Thursday is another play date opportunity. Again, I will take my PTB to daycare for breakfast, while I make the yummies for lunch. I'll pick him up just in time to head out to the boonies (Just kidding, J), and "have" him the rest of the day. ('cause I don't think that they take kiddos back after being gone for 3+ hours.).
It's not that I don't want time spent with my PTB...quite the contrary. I am PAYING for him to go...and I can't afford to not relax completely this week.
Selfish? Yeah, probably. For example. Today, my BFF from college is in town with her 3 month old. I am totally about to take my PTB to daycare so I can spend the day (most of it) with her, sans MY PTB. Bad mommy? Probably...but the routine is so essential for him. Here I go rationalizing things again.
3 comments:
yes! come with or without him - if you have no_iffer's phone number, she has my address. I can't wait!
Sure, come on! I am taking Mason and Grant to day care on Tuesday because I have a million errands/appts to do. And I might take Mason on Thursday just because there's an Easter party. We need a break sometimes! Even from our own precious babies!
No offense taken - I like living in the boonies! :) You are so not a bad mommy - you practically took over my little booger yesterday (THANK YOU by the way); you can't help being a mommmy even away from your own booger! :)
Post a Comment