I am not that good at etiquette. I am very appreciative and thankful, but don't quite know what to do. Some very special ladies I know are bringing my family dinners. I say thank you and we heartily eat up the vittles...but, I want to make sure that my thankfulness is obvious. I've got an idea of what to do with the dishes they will need returned. But, is it enough? Time is also a concern right now. I am supposed to be laying down (nearly all the time) and can't get out to get the items I might need to "refill" the dishes. I guess it could wait until AFTER Owen arrives...but that seems crazy, too. I guess, for now, a thank you and maybe a card of some kind will be in order...
Any thoughts?
3 comments:
i would like to get in on that meal thing...let me know a good time to deliver.
oh, and no thanks needed!
rest!
YOU WILL NOT REFILL THOSE DISHES!!!
You can say thank you with a card, but I strictly forbid you to do any more than that. That's why people are helping you out - because you need a little help; not for the return help. Just pay it forward later on when Owen's big and someone else needs your help. We all love you and want to take care of you - your job is to cook a baby. Let us do this without any return favors, please!!
I agree with Jenni...accept the help now and return the favor later on to someone else who needs help. My mom always said you should never return a plate (or casserole dish) empty, but she never said you had to fill it with food! Fill it with a cute card or better yet...a pic of baby Owen along with a thank you card!
BTW, I've enjoyed keeping up with you and Owen through Jenni...hope that everything goes well and that it happens SOON!
Post a Comment