Suck. Suck. Suck.
This morning ended up fitting somewhere right in there.
My OB appointment was great, though. She still won't *check* me. My bp was good, protein, too. He did fine on the NST. No weight gain on my part. I measured at 38 weeks (that's my girth). Which is good, since I will be 38 weeks on Saturday. Also, we officially scheduled the c-section for 8 am on the 10th! Yeah! I get to know plans!
I saw my pregnant buddy, Amber at the doctor's office. We chatted and compared pregnancy notes. SHE gets to meet her little girl on the fifth! (green jealousy monster approaches! Watch out!)
Then, I paid $650 at the hospital...to cover my 20% of a v-birth. I'll settle up after Owen's here.
THEN, I went to do the sonogram. I left crying. No. Nothing is wrong with Owen (except that his kidneys are still dilated and I can't do anything about that). I had a different technician. HE was not gentle. I HURT after the sonogram. That's not right. Plus, with my hormones on overdrive, there was no chance of me NOT crying. He was impersonal, and hot (not the sexy kind, either. The he's-a-big-black-man-type ... and by big I mean large...therefore his temperature is elevated.). Thank goodness my dad was there with me.
On good notes: Owen is doing great (other than the kidney thing we can't do anything about). He's head down (AGAIN), and pretty far in there (for as hard has the technician had to push on his head and my pelvic region - OUCH!). He's measuring in at about 7 pounds, 4 ounces. Nice size. I was going to try to remember the length of his femur (thigh bone) so I could compare it. But, I have pregnancy brain - and I forget. But, it's so awesome.
Just 12 more days...I can hold him, and kiss him, and smell him, and nurse him, and love the way he looks in my husband's arms.
Tears are flowing freely. More later.
No comments:
Post a Comment