Nope. That is not how many days I've been pregnant or even my weight.
That was my heart-rate this morning.
I was dizzy and had to use the wall to support myself to the teacher's lounge. I sat for 5 minutes and then went to see Sarah, in the guidance center. She took my blood pressure and my heart rate with a monitor/machine. My blood pressure was 118/80 (normal) and my heart rate was 163. I made it to our AP's office, and sat down. I was feeling faint. Not normal. Woozy, even. Frank came in and did my heart-rate, again. 110. Still too high. My doctor is out this week...but I called her nurse. She asked me to come straight in to see the doc on call.
So, Frank drove me. What a sweetie! I called Dad to pick me up when I was done. The doc checked my urine for protein (a sign of pre-eclampsyia - which I had with Caleb - and was subsequently put on bed rest...and caused him to arrive 3 weeks early). There was a little...which means to me that we're headed in that same direction. My blood pressure was still normal, but my heart-rate was still elevated at 100.
So, the diagnosis? After sitting during my team meeting, I stood quickly. Owen must have also changed positions, resting on my vena-cava. That's the lower vein out of the heart. This caused blood to pool in my legs for just a second and my heart freaked out. It tried to catch back up and released some epinephrine (the stuff that gets you a bit freaked out during a panic attack). Doc said it would take 4-6 hours to get back to feeling normal.
The prescription? Go home. Rest. Rent a movie. Take the rest of the day to get back into sync. So... I did. I watched August Rush. Cried. It was awesome. I tried to sleep. But, Owen kept kicking the snot out of me as I would start to fall asleep.
My car is at school. We'll deal with that later. My dad will pick up Caleb. All is well. Slow, a bit dizzy, still. But, I'll be back at work, tomorrow. After all, there will be girl scout cookies, AND ice cream. What else is there?!
No comments:
Post a Comment