I have to make this quick. I am supposed to be laying down...not even in a recliner.
It's official. I am on bed rest. I went in for my follow-up appointment yesterday. My bp was 140/80. That's not too bad, but it's worth looking at. My 1/2 gallon of water was a good idea. I nearly floated into the office. Dr. decided to do a Non-stress test on Owen. This means I lay in the office for 15-30 minutes, hooked up to 2 monitors. One measures his heartbeat and one measures just in case I have contractions. Sure enough, I was having mild contractions (I didn't even know I was having them). But, every time I would have a contraction, Owen's heart rate would steadily fall.
So, I was admitted to L & D for further monitoring and to get another sonogram. The sonogram was good. Owen showed 8/8 points...whatever that means (movement, responses, breathing practice, heartbeat, etc.). His kidneys are still dilated (meaning I go once a week at least for more sonograms to check that out). There's still nothing we can do or anything we should worry about for the time being. I did get a steroid shot in the bootie, just in case he has to be delivered THIS WEEK because he's stressed.
I ended up staying overnight for monitoring. Dr. came in this morning and said that Owen responded just fine throughout the night. I did take an Ambien to help me sleep. Still woke up at 5, though.
So, what does this all mean? I am at home. Restricted to bed except to pee, shower, or fix a small something to eat. I may drive to my doctors appointment (Friday morning). Other than that I must lay down on my right or left side. Also, I am on pelvic "rest." As in, no adult activities, and she won't even check me until I make it to our new goal of Mother's day. 2 weeks. That will make Owen officially full term. He'd still be pre-term if he was delivered this week.
So that is where we stand...errr lay down, at this point. 8 ounces of water per hour while awake, and lots of laying down. There are worse things ... but, please...please just pray that Owen is active, and stays in there to be cooked as long as God wills it. Thanks!
2 comments:
i am definitely praying for you! follow the doctor's orders and stay in bed...and give your pelvis a rest. =) your hubby will live.
ask him what he wants more...a full term baby or his own pleasure. =)
let me know if you need ANYTHING!
i totally go days without reading your blog without meaning to. i'm sorry i'm so behind. but i am now definitely praying for you and for owen, and i know God has everything in control. email me at sarah.e.p.henry@gmail.com if you need anything.. i'm at home all day. i can't imagine the bed rest your describing. i'm a "boring" pregnant girl, as they say. and i like it that way.
i hope you're OK!
Post a Comment