So, I checked our house phone (aka 3rd cell phone we never use) on Friday morning. There was a message from my doc that said, "Your lab results are in. We need to talk. Please call me."
OH, poo!
My protein and creatinine levels were far too high. So, here goes. I was dehydrated, and pissed off at a certain someone at school. So, doc "recommends" bed rest. *Insert rationalization schpeel, beginning here*
I'm thinking, Uh, no! I'm not ready, yet. I still have ankles! No kankles, even! I check my blood pressure...it's 123/93. So, I say ... to everyone that will listen to my rationalization-ing... I am going to just take it easy. Sit at school. Monday, I have to only work until 4th period because I have a sonogram at 2. Tuesday, (the first day of TAKS) I am to answer phones ... while sitting down ... in the guidance center. Then, my follow-up appointment is that afternoon. I can freak out at home, while on the "recommended" bed rest about how my stuff is not ready for a permanent substitute, OR, I can sit on my butt, not losing days of sick leave and prepare for the situation that is coming. AND, IF she "recommends" bed rest again on Tuesday... then FINE...I'll do it. I'll have my end in order...and won't be freaking out at home...just raising my blood pressure.
*end of rationalization* So, yeah. That's where I stand...errr, sit. I had big plans this weekend to make it awesomely outdoorsy for Caleb. 2 birthday parties, a baby shower, swimming at the health club, fun in the sun, Church, the Spring Chicken Affair, the Children's Fair, uncle Stephen's birthday, more swimming at the health club...etc.
Instead, I went to the baby shower, sans Caleb. Brant took Caleb to ONE of the birthday parties. We ALL went to the health club to swim (so I didn't have to be in charge of Caleb). I got a pedicure with my buddy. (Cute toenails, I might add). Today, we'll go to church and we MAY go swimming. The rest of the day I will be sitting at Dad's...doing paperwork and grading *ick* papers.
I WILL be super hydrated by the time I pee in the cup on Tuesday. That's my plan, anywho.
1 comment:
Normally, I would chastise you for this reckless disregard for your OB's educated opinion, but...I kind of get your point. That day was ridiculously stressful for many reasons. I bet if you just take it super duper crazy easy, you can make it fine until Tuesday.
Now, if I show up to school tomorrow and someone tells me that you're on bedrest or something, I am going to try my darndest to delete this comment and replace it with "What are you thinking?!" But until then, go with your gut...you know your body..
:)
Post a Comment