- Owen is SUCH an easy baby! I hope not to jinx anything...but seriously! He sleeps all the time. Is only awake to eat. He fusses when he's hungry and when getting his diaper changed. That's it!
- He is a peeing machine. I've been "showered" more times than I can count. In the middle of the night, at random times during the day, whenever.
- He is a heck of an eater. My milk came in before we left the hospital on Thursday. (people - that's less than 48 hours after birth!). Since then, he eats every 2.5 - 4 hours. Sometimes he nibbles and makes a royal mess before deciding to get serious. (On the milk issue - know anyone that needs breast milk? Seriously. I have pumped in-between feedings a few times, already, to relieve the "rocks" built up. I got 5 ounces, 8 ounces, and 5 ounces. The dairy farm has arrived in full! - pun intended)
- He is the snuggle-y-ist baby! And SO beautiful! I know I am biased - but, come on! He looks like a doll. And dressing him up is so tempting...and fun. He and Caleb are twins - with a three-year age difference.
- He has diaper rash already. :o( This makes me sad. I think (thanks to a comment from a friend) that it has to do with the amount of fruit intake on my part. (I wanted to *ahem* get things moving - easily ... as I had MAJOR issues with that after Caleb was born - and have been a fruit-a-holic.). It's so sad to see his cutie-patootie hiney red and irritated. Thank goodness for Beaudreaux's Butt-paste.
- When he nurses, Owen goes ALL out. I mean, he straightens and stiffens his legs and spreads out his long-piano-playing-toes like you would when showing off your hand-span. He grips my fingers (if they are within reach) or balls them up super tight.
- He is already lifting his head. As in, he's arching his back to get his head higher. Truly amazing!
I love being a second time mommy. There IS enough love in your heart to love your husband (now more than ever), and BOTH children. It's amazing.
I am a complete emotional wreck. The good kind, though. I look at Brant and start to cry - happy tears - at how much he loves me, and BOTH of our boys. I look at Caleb - asking if he could kiss or hold Owen because he's crying. Or when Caleb brought Owen a stuffed puppy because he was whimpering (by the way - that puppy has not left Caleb's bed since Kristy brought it to him as a congrats on being a big brother gift). Or when we picked up Caleb from daycare on Thursday, Brant brought in Owen - in his car seat - to show him off to the teachers and kids. The 3 and 4 year-old's in Caleb's class gathered around the car seat and oohed and awed and did not touch him. Caleb was in the back of the pack and said, "that's MY baby." Tears flowed uncontrollably then, as they do now while typing that moment.
I am so in love. It's amazing.
3 comments:
This was such a great sweet post! What perfect words for this time. I am so glad things are going so well! And he is beautiful, i mean PERFECT! Maybe I need to come over? Yes? Yes!
: )
i love this post. i can see your new mama glow without even seeing you! i really wanna meet owen. how could we arrange that?
Oh Sara!! You made me cry too! I am so happy you finally have this sweet little man in your arms. He was SO worth the wait, huh?
Will bring Tater to meet him soon (ulterior motive: so I can smooch that soft sweet head again. I miss it already!
Post a Comment