Monday, June 16, 2008

Settling in

We are in a pretty good routine...in this, our 2nd week with Owen. The hardest part is keeping myself "drained" enough. I still haven't called La Leche to see about donating. Seriously. I get 8 ounces at each pumping session. I am trying to limit that to twice a day. I don't want to encourage any OVER production. :)

Owen still sleeps most of the day and night. He is awake about 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening. He's not focusing on anything yet, but he does turn to our voices. I am very much looking forward to the time when he can interact more...but I am relishing this tiny baby time, too.

We've got appointments this week. I didn't realize how much was planned for this week. Today, we are going to a funeral for a friend that works at school. Her mother passed away finally, after a heart problem that took her down quickly, but she held on for nearly a month. Tomorrow and Friday, I have inservice things at the region center. I am planning on staying all day...with Owen. We'll see how that fairs after tomorrow. Wednesday is Owen's 2 week checkup and Thursday is my checkup.

Brant and Caleb leave next Friday for Ohio. I can't believe that time is already here!!! I am so excited and not prepared at all! Owen and I (pending his checkup and all) will fly out on Monday, the 30th.

So, yes...we are settling in to a routine and getting back into our life. Thanks, friends for all of the attention and visitation so far. I've loved it!

1 comment:

Sarah P. Henry said...

hey, email me your address and phone number at sarah.e.p.henry@gmail.com.

i wanna hold a tiny baby boy and mine isn't cooperating (it's a good thing) with my desires just yet. :)

oh yeah! and say hi to his mama too..