Monday, October 15, 2007

New...

Since we ARE finally preggers (YEAH!!!), Brant wants to get a new vehicle. Not NEW new, but something to exchange for the truck. It's 5 years old...we were the first and only owners, and it's out of warranty. So, Saturday morning we went around test driving and looking at cross-over SUVs. They are like small SUVs. We had already looked at the idea of a Honda Odyssey or a Grand Caravan (ewww! Mini-van! - so not what I envisioned ME driving), and decided that they were too big and expensive. I test drove the Honda CRV. Loved it. That's just the way it usually is with me. If there is a BIG decision to make - and I LOVE something - it has a way of just happening. So, we decided to see what the local people would offer us. After looking online for several hours, we decided the prices were exactly the same here as in Dallas, San Antonio, etc. So, against all I've ever said...we shopped locally for a car! We traded in our beloved, tripped out, truck for 10,500 (about 2 less than we really wanted to get) for a yet-to-be-seen (hopefully light blue) NEW 2007 CRV. I am so pumped! In the mean time, we are driving a used 2007 Honda Civic. It's neat. A hybrid. Meaning it has an auto-stop for the engine, every time we come to a complete stop. The AC still works, as does the electrical stuff, but the gas is not applied to the engine. I'm getting like - 35 mpg!

Anywho. We spent Sunday morning cleaning out the garage. We had cleaned out our vehicles numerous times and just left the box of junk in the garage. We had - rather I had - brought home much teaching junk that I hadn't touched in 3 years. So, the trash area is full...the trailer is now backed into my side of the garage with lots of garage sale type items...think I'm going to have to find a place for that. I HATE doing garage sales - LOVE going to them. We've got about an hours more work, and we'll actually be able to park 2 cars in our 2 car garage! YIPPEE!!! What a concept.

I got to watch the Cowboy game last night. Caleb and I went over to Laray and Chatta's house. Caleb played with Caleb and CB so hard! He didn't nap. Which was odd. But he fell asleep at 7:30 last night, at PaPa's house. No dinner. Not cranky. He just plopped down on the couch and fell asleep. ALL NIGHT! He usually gets up at 4 and I send him back to his bed. Then, he'll get up at 6 to wake us up. Not today! He's still out! We wore that little boy out!

So, my MIL is coming at the end of November - after Thanksgiving. We're not going to tell her about our new arrival until then. I bought a t-shirt and iron on letters for Caleb. I'm going to iron on his name on the front, and The Big Brother on the back. When we pick up Jean and Greg at the airport, I think that's how we'll tell them. I'll try to video tape it...send it to my sister in law in Wisconsin...so she can see it, too. That'll be awesome! I love surprising people with news like that!

Okay, it's time to get ready for another Monday at school. Duty. Yuck! Have a great day!

J - see you tomorrow at your shower! I can't wait to see you both!

No comments: