Thursday, October 18, 2007

Odds and Ends

My first OB appointment is not until November 19th. While that might seem like forever to you, it feels like an eternity to me! By the 19th, I will be 11 weeks! That means that I will be nearly finished with the first trimester before I see the doctor! Does that seem crazy to anyone else?!

I've been so worried since last Friday that maybe I wasn't really preggers (which is unrealistic, I know), that I bought another test yesterday and peed on a stick at school. Okay, it was AFTER school, but I did it, anywho. THIS time, it was VERY bright and quite obvious. YES!

On Wednesdays, I go to Cheddar's with a couple of friends from school. I usually pick up Caleb and take him, just so I can stay longer with my buddies. Yesterday, I did the usual. One of my friends asked Caleb what was in my tummy. Without prompting, he said, "A baby!" I could not believe he actually grasped that concept! Oh my goodness!

Needless to say, I think it might be hard to keep the secret from day care...I wanted to wait until after my mother in law came down...after Thanksgiving. I am making a shirt for Caleb to wear to the airport that has his name on the front, and I'm the big brother on the back. He gets so dirty at school that I wanted an opportunity for it to be very clean for my mother in law, first, and then day care second. I might just have to find another way to tell day care. They are my friends, too. Hmmm...

No comments: